Yesterday, BtoB’s YOOK SUNGJAE released two new tracks as part 3 of his ongoing 3×2=6 Project. The two new songs are titled “HMHN” and “Hypnotized”. I already checked out one of the tracks from part 2. If you haven’t read that post already, here is the link 👉🏼 YOOK SUNGJAE – W.A.U: Music Review.
(Note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to each song.)
Reaction to Official Lyric Video for HMHN:
- So this is the title track for 3×2=6 Project Part 3, and it features BtoB’s ILHOON.
- To know what this song is about, read the description box of the video.
- I love that all of SungJae’s videos have English captions. I genuinely appreciate the effort to accommodate international fans.
- This is already a groove right from the start.
- The voice layering going on in this track is delightful to hear.
- The instrumental is really good, it is so addictive.
- SungJae’s control over his voice is excellent, and Ilhoon’s rap tone also complements the style of this song really well.
- I love that they are starting and ending each other’s lines during the chorus. Almost like a call and response technique.
- Ilhoon is my bias in BtoB, so I always enjoy hearing him rap, and he never disappoints.
- Yook SungJae has an incredible voice. I am really impressed, and people need to start paying more attention to this project.
- There is bound to be one or more songs that anyone can enjoy.
- “HMHN” is a slow tempo song, but it still has a groovy R&B/ hip hop beat.
- I love it, so my rating is 10/10.
Reaction to Official Lyric Video for Hypnotized:
- BtoB’s PENIEL is featured in this song. I love how he’s including his members.
- The tone of the piano gives off a gloomy vibe. Although, I feel it’s trying to throw me off from what the song will actually sound like.
- I am enjoying these animated videos that he has been using.
- I know I have complimented him a lot already, but I absolutely love SungJae’s voice.
- The background vocals on this track are so beautiful and very trance-like.
- Yesss…. this is what I am talking about. That beat switch and the way Peniel came in was so perfect.
- I am definitely enjoying this song more than the “W.A.U”
- This calls for body rolling💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼. “Hypnotized” is a BOP – “ok ok ok what, ok ok ok whoop, ok ok ok yeah.”
- WHAT???… SHUT UP, what just happened after he said – “drop the beat, let’s go.”
- The instrumental in this song goes hard, and I am living for it.
- THIS IS A GROOVE. I am sold, this is my jam for the whole week.
- Peniel came in and did his thing. Sungjae also came back with his beautiful vocals to serenade my soul. I am in awe of this track.
- I know I said I needed to hear something better from him after “W.A.U,” but he didn’t have to go this hard. I AM SHOCKED😲😲.
- “Hypnotized” is a well-composed track. The way the beat switches up when entering a new section is impressive.
- I love the trap/EDM elements for the instrumental. This is going on my playlist.
- The details on what this song is about can be found in the description box of the video.
- Nah, I wish you all can see my face at this point. Peniel went too hard on this song.
- Also, SungJae’s vocal runs at the end were not helping. This song has me hypnotized for real.
- The intensity at the end is too good. That guitar riff. LORD… I’m out💀💀.
- They cannot disrespect me like this. How am I supposed to review other songs now with this standard in mind?
- PENIEL and YOOK SUNGJAE did an excellent job on this track. They nailed every second, so my rating for “Hypnotized” is a solid 10/10.
I absolutely enjoyed listening to both songs. Go check the 3×2-6 Project if you haven’t already done so.
That is all I have for this post, take care.💕💕💕