Paul Kim and CHUNG HA released a duet titled “Loveship” on the 21st of this month. This song was written and composed by Paul Kim. I have some time to spare, so let’s check it out.
I already have a short bio for Paul Kim available on this blog, so use this link for that 👉🏼 Paul Kim – Big Heart: Music Review.
Kim Chung-ha’s actual birth name is Kim Chan-mi, but she is now popularly known as CHUNG HA. She is a South Korean singer, dancer, songwriter and choreographer. She placed fourth during Mnet’s group survival show Produce 101. She was a member of the resulting group, I.O.I. CHUNG HA later debuted as a soloist in 2017 with the EP – Hands on Me. My favourite song from her is is “Gotta Go”
(Note – this is a real-time review, meaning I am typing down my exact thoughts while listening to this song.)
Reaction to Official MV:
- I love ballads. I could listen to such songs for years.
- Another music video without English captions. WHY do they do this to me?
- I missed Paul Kim’s voice. It is so soulful.
- Damn that lower note from him was chilling.
- This is my first time hearing Chung ha’s voice on a slower song, and she sounds fantastic.
- She is so pretty.
- So they are childhood friends.
- I love the call and response style going on here. Also, the harmonies are soothing.
- I am enjoying this breathy tone that Chung ha is used while singing in harmony with Paul Kim.
- This has such a lovely melody, and it is also the type that can quickly become addictive.
- So they are friends that have feelings for each other?
- The build-up is excellent. The instrumental, Paul Kim and Chung Ha’s voices begin to reach climax without you even noticing that the key has changed.
- The production is impressive.
- Yesss… to the high notes during the bridge and that instrumental solo was also a perfect touch.
- They both look stunning in formal wear.
- I got goosebumps when they sang, “you are my everything to me” in unison. So adorable and sweet.
- The music video is also quite intriguing with the stage-like scenes. Creative concept.
- Time for a replay before giving my rating.
- Awww the ending is too cute. The younger versions pushed them towards each other.
- I thought it had ended because the screen went black.
- I’m swimming in sugar at this point.😍😍😍
- It remains a beautiful piece on the second listen.
- My rating for “Loveship” by Paul Kim and CHUNG HA is 10/10. This is going on my playlist.